Wednesday 1 August 2012

When people put effort into a meal

At the moment my mum is away which means I am doing the majority of the cooking for the family, and I am definately not complaining. A few nights ago my cousin, who lives with us, asked if he could cook dinner on Wednesday night (which is tonight). I said yes of course, whilst being a little skeptical because he does not cook very often. He wanted to cook a Thai dish, seeing as he is Thai and misses the food sometimes, so found a recipe for a dish he loves and set out to get the ingredients for it (I was pretty pleased to see pork belly in the fridge last night). I arrive home after work today to a beautiful aroma throughout the house, hints of star anise, cinnamon, garlic and pork were the most prominent of those. He proudly served up his dish with some rice, and it was delicious.

So the point of this post was to verbalise that it was really nice being cooked for by someone who put an effort into making a nice meal for the family, and it was even nicer being able to arrive home from work and just relax. I hope this will become a more frequent occurance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment